- 1 lb (16 oz) Calamari or Shrimp
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp garlic
- 1 medium onion
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 13 oz pack of linguine (we used Barilla whole wheat)
- 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 heaping tbsp of capers (I LOVE CAPERS, so I use them in a lot of my pasta sauces)
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Directions1. Heat olive oil over medium high heat.
2. Add garlic, cook until fragrant.
3. Add onions and cook until translucent.
4. Add 16 oz of seafood (calamari or shrimp)
5. Begin to boil water for the pasta.
6. Once the water is boiling, add the pasta and cook until tender.
7. When the calamari is about 3/4 cooked through, add 28 oz can of tomatoes, 2 tbsp brown sugar and 3 heaping tbsp of capers.
8. Let simmer for about 20 minutes- to marry all of the flavors.
9. Right before you're about to be finished with the sauce, add 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
10. Fold in 1 cup of Parmesan cheese.
11. Add salt and pepper to taste, top with basil for an attractive presentation.