Controlling Portions Tips:1. Drink an 8 oz glass of water before you eat.
2. When you first sit down to eat, divide your plate in half. One half should be fruits and vegetables and the other half divide in half again and have one part protein and one part starch.
3. Eat slowly; set your fork down in between bites and wait for twenty minutes before you go back and get seconds. It takes that long for your body to register that you're full and you could be over stuffing yourself.
4. Eat foods that are high in bulk. Salads, broccoli, kale are all ways to trick your body into thinking that you're full while getting nutritious meals and less calories.
5. Don't watch the T.V. while you eat and avoid other distractions. You don't realize how much you're eating and it makes you eat faster and a lot more than you need to.
6. When you eat out, divide your portion in half and ask for a box. Put the other half in the box and bring it home for your next meal. Restaurants have HUGE portions and much more than you need for each meal.