Poblano Chicken Fajitas
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 bell peppers, cut into strips (we used yellow)
- 1 poblano chile, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, cut into strips
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Ancho Chile Powder to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Cotija cheese (you usually can find this in the Mexican section of the dairy items)
- Jalapenos - optional. We love spicy food so there are always jalapenos in our food.
- 1 whole avocado- sliced or diced
- Fat-free/reduced fat sour cream
- Whole grain tortillas
Directions:1. Marinate the chicken in lime juice, chile powder, salt, pepper, cumin and garlic powder. Refrigerate for 30 minutes-1 hour.
2. Throw the bell peppers, the chile, and the red onion into a large freezer bag and throw in salt, pepper, and olive oil. Shake the bag to coat the vegetables.
3. After taking the chicken out of the refrigerator, slice it into thin strips.
4. Over medium-high heat, place the chicken in a pan and cook most of the way through.
5. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
6. Put the vegetables in that same pan and cook until tender.
5. Add the chicken to the pan and cook chicken through.
6. Heat up tortillas to your preference (microwave, stove, grill)
7. Add cotija cheese, jalapenos, avocado and sour cream at your will.