- 2.5 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 4 tablespoons diced onion
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 Cups Broccoli
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 6 Tablespoons water
- Sesame seeds
- Green onions
Directions:1. Cut chicken into small cubes.
2. Season both sides of chicken with lightly with salt and pepper, put into crock pot.
3. In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes.
4. Pour over chicken.
5. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high 1 1/2 – 2 1/2 hours, or just until chicken is cooked through. Add 2 cups of broccoli and let cook in Crockpot until tender (I usually put it in a half hour before the end)
6. Remove chicken from crock pot and place on a separate plate, leave sauce.
7. Dissolve 4 teaspoons of cornstarch in 6 tablespoons of water.
8. Pour remaining sauce into a sauce pan and add cornstarch and water mixture
9. Cook on medium heat until sauce is thickened (you may need to add more cornstarch and water, but always add the cornstarch into the water and mix it before adding it or it will clump in the sauce)
10. Return chicken and broccoli to crockpot
11. Once sauce is thickened, coat chicken and broccoli.
12. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions
13. Serve over rice or noodles. (we used quinoa, which was awesome and more healthy than rice or noodles, but you can use whatever you'd like!)